Sarah H. Paulson: Durational Performances




 Witness 7







Foot to Mouth: ONE minus one







Practicing Rap Music



My art practice remains rooted in the Performative. I believe that performance, in its sacred form, has the capacity to bring the human being closest to what it means to be human.


Through my often durational or endurance-based drawings and performance work, I strive to reach the place where the universal is touched in the audience/viewer, as well as in myself.  In my life and work as an artist and acupuncturist, I am particularly interested in the intersection of art and medicine.  Above all, with every mark, gesture, and question, I am learning about the breadth and beauty of being human.


Bio:

Sarah H. Paulson was born in New Orleans, Louisiana. Since graduating with a BFA in Selected Studies in Art from Syracuse University, she has lived and worked as a performance and interdisciplinary artist in Brooklyn, NY and Putney, VT. Paulson is also a lifelong student and practitioner of alchemical Taoist medicine and practices acupuncture at Sword Hands

Acupuncture & Qigong.


Her solo work, as well as her collaborations with Holly Faurot (www.faurotpaulson.com), have

been exhibited/performed at English Kills Art Gallery, Brooklyn, NY; Ronald Feldman Fine Arts,NY; Grace Exhibition Space, Brooklyn, NY; ACG (Alice Chilton Gallery), Brooklyn, NY; NurtureArt, Brooklyn, NY; The Chocolate Factory Theater, Brooklyn, NY; P.I.T. (Projects In Transit), Brooklyn, NY; Space 317, Brooklyn, NY; the Harold Clurman Center for New Works in Movement and Dance Theatre at the Stella Adler Studio of Acting, NY; NYCAMS (NY Center for Art & Media Studies), NY; Alive at Satellite (Performance is Alive), Miami, FL; Villa Feuerlösche, Prenning, Austria; and Open Art Gallery, Beijing, China, among others.


Her poetry book, To My Companion: within the room within the room, was published by The 3 Lights Press in 2021:  https://schoolof3lights.org/the-3-lights-press/p/to-my-companion


www.sarahhpaulson.com

Comments