DENSITY SCARCITY Feature Artist: Kalle Lampela

 DENSITY SCARCITY Feature Artists are back.  This week's Feature Artist is Kalle Lampela. Here is an excerpt from his statement.


@kallelampela





Untitled, Graphite and chalk on paper, 42 x 59 cm.





Untitled. Graphite on paper, 42 x 59 cm.




I do performative walking projects and text based works. Playfulness and experimental approach are key aspects in my drawing practice. Energy springs from bodily movements. The crucial aspect that interests me is combining exercise, D-I-Y-sensibility, and artistic practice. More spiritually, to me artistic practice is philosophical reflection. In a deeper – metaphysical or existential – level the durational, temporal aspect is the core. It is fascinating to experience traces and elements accumulate as time passes by.

I consider my artistic practice as research of the not-known, in terms of artistic research. In addition to that I do also qualitative research on art sociological issues. Main themes of interest are everyday aesthetics, the concept of art, and critical literature on exclusive western art world. I like to reflect Allan Kaprow’s idea of non-art and to consider whether we are witnessing the dawn of a post-art age.-Kalle Lampela



#expandeddrawing #antiart #dada #drawingandperformance #performativedrawing #walkingdrawing #linesandthought #worksonpaper #artandplay #kallelampels
#nonart

Comments